Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Most Mysterious Man in Basketball - World Wide Wes

A few years ago while shooting the NCAA South Regional in Houston, I took some shots of the celebration after Memphis won. One of my shots included CDR hugging a man and crying. I later found out that the man he was hugging was William Wesley - World Wide Wes. I printed a 5x7 and took it to the next tournament game to give to him. I showed it to one of the local news broadcasters and he said "I don't really know who he is, but he knows everyone." He mentioned he saw Wes take out his phone and get Michael Jordan on the line. Wes really liked the photo and was moved when he saw it.



This past week for some reason, who knows why, Wes was at the C-USA tournament (I'm quite sure there is a reason he was not at the SEC tournament with Coach Cal). After saying hi, I thought it would be awesome to get a shot with him. Here we are in Tulsa.

(Click for Full View - Back to return to Blog)

Wes can now put David Minkin on the list of people he's connected with.


No comments:

Post a Comment